Every great thing starts with a thought and is followed up with an action. Every letter we receive from students has had a common thread …
It’s about you and how much you mean to them.
We want to encourage you today to think about what you can do to show love for your children. Though this may seem like a small thing, it will have a great impact.
Here are few ideas to help:
- Notice their effort.
- Ask questions that truly matter to them and let them show off what they know to you (and be amazed)!
- Listen for things they are passionate about and see if there is something you can do to make their dream a closer reality.
- Tell them you love them.
- Give them a hug (even if it’s awkward, it’s so worth it)!
- Go into their room before bed and tell them a story (this will be awesome for your kids that are older – who doesn’t like a good story?).
- Just be with them.
- Make eye contact when they are talking to you.
- Pray for them (with them).
These are only suggestions to get you thinking. We are proud of you and so thankful to journey with you on this worthy path.
Our greatest contribution to the kingdom of God may not be something we do, but rather someone we raise.
~ Andy Stanley
Let us know some of the struggles you face as a parent and we will do our best to share some insights we learn from students across the nation.
We are in this together!
Michael Chiasson and the access52 Team