When life interrupts our plans, how do we deal with it?
The unexpected seems to happen when we don’t have the time or energy to give what is necessary to the situation.
Here are a few suggestions to help when those moments happen:
- We are only able to do what we can. We cannot do everything, but we can usually do something.
- If the interruption requires a major change, think about what the consequences are if no response is given.
- Remain flexible. There is usually more to the story than we know.
- Ask for help. This is probably the most important!
- Evaluate the progress. How are things going? Am I doing all that I can?
- Pray for clarity and direction.
God, may we be open to the things and people that you invite us to serve.
Verse of the week
Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth.