The challenge this week is to listen. Listen as much as possible and be amazed at what you discover. Other people have some pretty incredible ideas. Sometimes we must make a decision to really listen to what they are saying, without automatically thinking of our next response.
Here are a few ideas to help:
- to listen, a lot of the time you must be silent (just rearrange the word listen and you get silent)
- do your best to understand (you may need to ask clarifying questions)
- stay engaged – really stay engaged; smile, nod your head, laugh
- thank the person you are listening to
- if possible write down the take-a-ways
What are some other ways you find helpful when it comes to listening? SHARE HERE
Finally, this week take some time in the classroom of silence. Take time to pray, think and dream. This is a way to recharge and help to get focused and intentional about what matters most.
Verse of the week:
My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry…